Blog Post #6

    Generative AI tools can be very helpful when it comes to designing and revising lesson plans as they are able to provide inspiration and speed up the planning process. For this week's assignment I was tasked with using AI to help create a lesson plan of my choice. Using AI for my 2nd grade reading lesson plan allowed me to quickly brainstorm, refine educational strategies, and incorporate engaging activities that catered to what I was looking for. One of the biggest benefits of using AI in this process was efficiency, as I was able to quickly come up with an idea and create a lesson plan. I do, however, have concerns about over-reliance on AI. As a future school psychologist, I understand that many students need personalized, adaptable lessons. It may be difficult to meet the needs of a student if the lesson plan was not made with this in mind. Additionally, AI-generated content can sometimes lack the emotional depth needed for meaningful instruction. With this in mind, I would consider integrating AI-generated lesson plans into my future instruction, using it as a guide while ensuring my understanding of the students needs remain central to the lesson.
    Beyond lesson planning, I envision using generative AI in other aspects of teaching, such as creating instructional materials and developing assessment questions. As a current undergraduate student,  I have started asking ChatGPT to make multiple choice questions or short worksheets based off of the learning objectives in my more challenging classes. This has been extremely helpful for me, and I find a lot of the content to be similar to things my professor hands out. Due to this, I would use AI to generate classroom worksheets or discussion prompts to use in my classroom. To address any ethical concerns, I would carefully review AI-generated content for accuracy and appropriateness, ensuring that the materials align with educational standards. By using AI as a supportive tool rather than a replacement for teacher expertise, I can maximize its benefits while maintaining responsible and thoughtful instruction.

Comments

Popular Posts