Blog Post #1
As a student in this EME 2040 class I hope to learn how to more effectively integrate technology into different educational settings to enhance not only learning, but also teaching experiences. I want to develop skills in using various digital tools and platforms that foster student engagement and collaboration. In the future I want to be a school psychologist and the knowledge I hope to learn in this class will help me support students with diverse needs. Through the integration of technology I can use interactive resources to promote social and emotional learning. By learning this, I hope to help bridge the gap between traditional and developing educational methods, ensuring that all students have equal access to meaningful learning opportunities.
My prior experiences using technology in an educational setting include utilizing various platforms such as Canvas and Blackboard for my high-school and college classes. As a student, I found these to be very useful and effective sites to promoted learn. Additionally, my past teachers have integrated sites such as Canva, Weebly, and Blogger to help with more creative ways to learn. These experiences demonstrated the value of technology in making education more accessible and interactive, while also teaching me how to adapt digital tools to meet students’ unique needs.
My personal learning network is a blend of online and offline resources that support my educational and personal growth. I enjoy learning about psychology and child development, so online I frequently use platforms such as YouTube and LinkedIn to help with educational strategies such as tutoring and making connections. Offline, I talk to my peers and professors which provides me with valuable insights and discussions. Due to rapidly advancing technology, most of my educational growth is done using online tools, which makes discussions such as these important as they allow me to interact with people who I know in real life and share interests with.
Hi Maddy! Great blog post. I like how you mentioned that you hope this class provides tools for you to be both a better learner and teacher, I think that's really important. I also like how you talked about both educational and integrated sites that you have experience with, showing that a variety of different programs can be used in an educational setting. Finally, I love that you talked about how the growth of technology has influenced your PLN.
ReplyDelete