Blog Post #8
Working on the Web Design assignment allowed me to develop new skills in layout organization, color, and user-friendly navigation. In this class, we learned about using contrast, alignment, and consistency to create a visually appealing and functional website. While making my website, I tried to keep these in mind as I chose color schemes and photos. One example of consistency seen throughout my website is that the same font is used on every page. This makes the transitions seamless and gives my website a more clean and professional appearance. During this assignment, I liked the creative freedom I was given when it came to picking color schemes and the layout of the website. Being able to do this helped me enjoy the process instead of considering it another assignment on my to-do list. I did, however, sometimes find it challenging to balance aesthetics with functionality. There were times when I had to choose a different layout or image than I originally wanted because the end product did not look correct. The skills I learned in this project will be very beneficial in my future career as a school psychologist, especially when creating online resources for parents, teachers, and students. Understanding web design will help me develop engaging and accessible materials to share important information.
The following QR code will take you to my website!
Hi Maddy,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job with the contrast part of CRAP design principles. keeping the page background white to use the black font was a good decision. For repetition, you did a good job ensuring all of your text is in the same font and size. For Alignment, I like that you used images and bullet points to organize your pages and create a cool layout without clogging up the page. For Proximity, your shaping on all the pages looks good. I don't see any huge gaps. Overall, I loved looking at your website you did a great job!
Hi Maddy,
ReplyDeleteYou did an awesome job applying the CRAP design principles! The contrast really stood out with you keeping the background white and using black font made everything super easy to read. For repetition, I liked how you kept the font and size consistent throughout; it gave the site a clean, cohesive look. The alignment was spot on too! Using images and bullet points organized the content nicely without making the pages feel cluttered. As for proximity, the spacing looked great; nothing felt awkward or out of place. I loved exploring your website. You did such a great job!
Hi Maddy, You did an outstanding job on your website! I love how everything was very organized and the contrast was amazing. Using the white background and black font helped make everything very easy to read. Everything was perfect especially the alignment that you used! You did so great!
ReplyDeleteI really like how consistent and clean your website looks, especially with how you used the same font on every page. That small detail really helps everything flow nicely and feel professional. I also thought it was great how you mentioned enjoying the creative freedom with the colors and layout — it really showed in your work and made your site feel personalized.
ReplyDelete